Packable jacket for leisure rides

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elsewhere 30 Oct 2021

I have jackets that get worn in the rain when I need to get to work or from A to B and it's peeing down.

Looking for a lighter and mainly less bulky jacket for leisure rides where it will rarely get worn as I can be choosey about the weather. Any recommendations?

PS I am intrinsically stingy but all suggestions welcome!

JLS 30 Oct 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Something from Decathlon?

I have their cheap wind proof on the basis that I’m picky about the weather too and only really need something to prevent hypothermia setting in, in the off chance I do get caught out.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/rcr-ultralight-packable-windproof-jacket/_/R-...

OP elsewhere 30 Oct 2021
In reply to JLS:

Thanks. I'll look at decathlon. Got a gillet for windproof so looking for waterproof that hopefully will be extremely rarely worn!

GrahamD 31 Oct 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

Don't get black if you can help it ! Nothing more ridiculous than making poor weather gear hard to see !

For what it's worth, I'm pretty pleased with an Endura rain top I've got (in white).  Have to admit that it was an emergency buy to replace a DHB one that I managed to rip so other than "not black" I didn't have much chance to shop around.

Lhod 31 Oct 2021
In reply to elsewhere:

I have a dhb one (older version of this https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-flashlight-waterproof-jacket-1) for commuting which sounds like it would fit the bill.

Packs down small, reasonably waterproof, low cost and unsurprisingly not very breathable. But that's always going to be the case with a cheaper jacket and shouldn't be an issue if it's just for occasional use.

You could probably get something lighter /smaller at a similar price if you were willing to compromise on waterproofing i.e. get more of a windproof

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...