Bala/ lake Vrynwy

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ixtlan 17 Dec 2022

Anyone free for a Bala to Lake Vrynwy ride this week coming? Bout 45 miles- 4000 ft gain. Road/gravel bike.

GrahamD 17 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

Unfortunately not in that part of the country but one of my all time favourite rides does the loop from Bala to Vrynwy.  Beautiful ride.

Phil1919 17 Dec 2022
In reply to GrahamD:

.....and dropping down to Dinas Mawddy. Beautiful scenery.

ChrisJD 17 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

Reminds me of a gravel ride I did with a mate in that area last summer - had to ride through/next-to THE spookiest small-holding set-up up at the head of CwmGlyn.  Super super creepy. 

wilkesley 17 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

I have done it twice. Unfortunately, I am not available at the moment. Take care of the descents because there are several cattle grids which can be very slippery if it's wet.

OP Ixtlan 25 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

Cheers for the comments. Yeah great area indeed. Trying more local this week, around the Clwyds.

magma 27 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

thanks- planning to do this loop on way to machy soon. how long did it take you?

OP Ixtlan 30 Dec 2022
In reply to Ixtlan:

Started just after 10 a.m finished at 4 p.m However we stopped for over an hour for lunch and there was a broken chain that held us up about 30 mins so give or take 4 to 4 and half hours. I was on a hybrid, other was on a mountain bike. Weather was dull/drizzle/breezy.

magma 01 Jan 2023
In reply to Ixtlan:

thanks- which bike had the broken chain? a 1x12 perchance?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...