Adventure Peaks is based in the heart of the Lake District in Ambleside. We are a quality provider of Worldwide Mountaineering Expeditions, Treks and Courses, seeing a steady growth in business and we are now looking for a committed and hard-working person to join our team.
The successful applicant will be flexible, a good communicator and able to work under pressure. A background in foreign travel and mountaineering is essential. The post will be offered either solely as an office-based job or as a combined office, trekking and/or expedition leadership role dependent on the experience and desire of the applicant.
Outline Job Description - Roles and Responsibilities:
Office, Planning & Logistics
- Taking responsibility for planning and organising overseas expeditions, treks and courses including itineraries, budgets, kit and logistics
- Liaising with overseas and UK partners and agents to develop, plan and manage Adventure Peaks products
- Preparation of itineraries and support materials for new trips
- Planning and running pre-departure training sessions for individuals and groups
- Completing administration for allocated trips
- Being part of the on-call Emergency contact team when groups are overseas
Sales and Marketing
- Communicating with prospective customers in connection with selling expeditions, treks or courses
- Developing and using skills to update website data including dates, prices and descriptions
- Contributing to the content of our brochure
- Developing and researching new trip itineraries and locations
- Generating and implementing new marketing ideas
Social Media & News (Contribute to or take responsibility for)
- Managing social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram
- Creating online content to promote Adventure Peaks Expedition and Treks
- Inspiring our members through high quality editorial
- Researching and writing articles for Adventure Peaks blog and news, weekly newsletters, social media campaigns, and special merchandising projects
- Emailing marketing campaigns including monitoring and evaluating performance
- Converting basic written materials from leaders and other contributors into quality reading
- Assisting with or writing retail equipment reviews
Web (Contribute to or take responsibility for)
- Managing web content
- Assisting with content creation to promote Adventure Peaks Expedition and Treks
- Maintaining or developing websites to inspire customers
- Ensuring appropriate content creation and updating to allow SEO search engine optimisation
- Managing and collating results from customer satisfaction questionnaires and reporting results
Expedition or Trek Leadership
We would expect the successful person to have the ability to lead some of our expeditions or treks in line with their experience and/or qualifications. The amount of time spent on this aspect of the job can be flexible to meet your personal commitments or ambitions, but we would not expect it not to exceed more than 90 days per annum!
Be flexible and complete other appropriate duties as may be required.
HOURS: The position can be full time (40 hrs) or part time with a minimum of 16 hrs per week.
- Salary £20,000
- NEST Pension Scheme
- Travel discounts
- Equipment discounts
HOW TO APPLY: Email: email@example.com
All applications should include a CV and covering letter explaining what you have to offer Adventure Peaks and why you think you are suitable for the job. Please include your qualifications, experience and when you would be available to start.
CLOSING DATE: 20th February 2018