An excellent route with some quite exposed climbing on predominantly good rock.
Start below a cracked corner in the middle of the ledge.
1) IV, 40m. Climb the corner-crack then move right over easier ground to a stance on a small ledge.
2) III+, 25m. Move right from the belay and climb a chimney-gully direct to a stance on a good ledge, below a narrow black chimney.
3) IV+, 45m. Climb the chimney on good holds towards a roof and a yellow niche. Belay just below this.
4) V, 20m. Traverse left below the roof to a stance just before the arete.
5) V, 30m. Climb direct for a few metres then move right around a bulge. Continue trending back left to a stance on a ledge just left of the arete.
6) IV, 30m. Climb direct on good holds to a yellow corner-crack. Climb this to reach a good ledge on the left.
7) III+, 35m. Move left from the belay then follow a wide chimney-gully back right to the summit plateau. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
South Face of Piz da Lec
Pitches vary from III to V
Dorigatti and Giambisi 1973.
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents