A short and pleasant gully that makes a great start to Senior's Ridge. There are a couple of tricky steps in the gully. It is climbable in most conditions but best saved for a dry day.
Start at the base of the Idwal Slabs.
1) Follow a path up and left away from the slabs and towards a gully. You eventually reach a polished slab of bubbly rock. Head up and right across this to the base of a corner.
2) Climb the corner and exit left over exposed ground. Continue along a path to another rock step.
3) Climb the step up the short right-hand rib. Go up into a bay and exit to the right.
4) Follow a path left and then up over scree to reach another path that contours into the base of a deep gully.
5) Tackle this gully past a few tricky steps which can be very challenging in the damp. This leads to Cwm Cneifion.
Descent or continuation - Follow the path down from Cwm Cneifion or carry on up Senior's Ridge or Cneifion Arete. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Route No. 28 in N Wales Scrambles ( Gary Smith, 2014).
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents