The area is a nature reserve and access to the crags on Frontales and Escalera Arabe is sensitive. You may see people driving up the track from the water tank, but it is not allowed and you could well be fined. It only adds around 15 minutes to the walk in. The whole El Navegador sector remains banned to climbing due to rare flora with the exception of the lefthand-most route. There are 2 signposts in front of the cliff and a wire fence to mark the restricted area but these have been pulled down by climbers.
A popular expedition that takes on the full height of the wall. The route is well bolted, well travelled and gradually builds to a spectacular finish. It is best to walk off as abseiling is awkward due to bushes and there is a risk of dislodging loose rock onto teams below. Start below a broad rib where 'Rogelio' is written on the rock.
1) 3b, 20m. Climb the broad rib to a belay and stance.
2) 4b, 20m. Climb the steep corner to a ledge.
3) 4b, 20m. The groove, followed by easier climbing over blocks.
4) 2a, 25m. Scramble over blocks - take care with loose rocks.
5) 2a, 25m. Continue to a belay at the back of a bushy terrace.
6) 5b, 40m. Tackle the steep prow with a delicate section.
7) 3a, 40m. Climb the easy broad ridge.
8) 4c, 25m. The slab to a small stance. A lovely pitch.
9) 5c, 25m. The steep groove to a step left. Some hollow blocks.
10) 6a, 17m. A steep and strenuous start eases above. Take care with loose blocks towards the top of the pitch.
11) 3a, 30m. Scramble up and slightly left to a belay just before the top of the ridge © Rockfax
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents