A stunning ridge that is a good companion to its harder left-hand neighbour taking in similar ground. Start from the base of the right-hand ridge.
1) From the toe of the ridge, avoid the initial steep wall on the right and head up towards the crest.
2) Once there, enjoy the ridge and the many gendarmes that guard the way.
3) The ridge carries on past a few more pinnacles before arriving at a grassy col.
4) Pass a tower ahead on its right-hand side. It is rather convoluted to stick to the rock throughout and in places it is easier and quicker to use the heather gully to its right.
5) From here, the scrambling is rather contrived but it is easy enough to follow your nose to the grassy top-out where you can find the main track. Turn left for the summit or right to descend.
Descent - As for Pinnacle Ridge Variation. © Rockfax
UKC Logbook Description
Easy climbing and scrambling leads up a pinnacled ridge towards the summit of Mynydd Mawr. Watch out for loose rock.
Favourite Snowdonia Scrambles , Top ridge scrambles of Britain , Five top-end ridge scrambles; from the UKH article , Scrambles in Snowdonia - Steve Ashton , North Wales Scrambles - Garry Smith , The Ridges of England, Wales and Ireland , 10 Year Walking And Scrambling Challenge , Snowdonia Mountain Walks and Scrambles - Mark Reeves , British 3 Star Scrambles , Snowdonia *** Scrambles
Please Login to view more details on the logged ascents