UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Tower Ridge - A Photographic Account

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 02 Mar 2010
[A long way to go... , 2 kb]Visiting French climber and expert photographer Alexandre Buisse makes an ascent of Tower Ridge on Ben Nevis in glorious winter conditions.

Along the way he bumps in to the team filming Dave MacLeod and Andy Turner on the Marshall Smith week.

"Reaching the top by a route as difficult as Tower Ridge would mean a lot to me."

Read his account with fantastic photos.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=2541

Alex Buisse 02 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: To be fair, we only bumped into the guy who was setting up an abseil line for their cameraman, not Dave and Andy themselves, as we couldn't afford to wait for them (they hadn't started by the time we reached the top of their route).

And I'm French, I just happen to have lived in Denmark the past two years
 lummox 02 Mar 2010
In reply to Alex Buisse: great pics Alexandre..
 Alex Buisse 02 Mar 2010
In reply to lummox: Glad you enjoyed it!
 Mike Peacock 02 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Great photos and article. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
 Scarab 02 Mar 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Thanks Alexandre, enjoyed the article"
 TobyA 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Alex Buisse: Great article Alexandre - reminds me of how exciting Tower Ridge is when you do it!
 Rob Naylor 03 Mar 2010
In reply to Alex Buisse:

Great article, and excellent photos. Thanks for sharing your experience.
 Brass Nipples 03 Mar 2010

Great article.

Sounds like you had an exciting time and I can really relate to moving together in winter and finding no belay's for long periods
In reply to Alex Buisse: Great article Alex. I was the climber who joined you at Tower Gap that day from Glovers Chimney. I went back two weeks later to do the ridge itself and recognise your exploits. Good stuff mate!
 Lucy Wallace 03 Mar 2010
Great article! Brought back cold and scary memories of the gap when I did Glovers and TR! Can't say it was any easier the second time!
 Simon4 04 Mar 2010
In reply to Alex Buisse: Nice article Alexandre, catches the "big-mountain" feel of the Ben well. And reminds how Tower Ridge can have a nasty bite when it feels like.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...