UKC

Video: Boreal Joker and Joker Lace - A Big Improvement

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Videos 10 Oct 2022

The Joker is a longstanding (and best-selling) shoe in Boreal's range. The reason for its success over the previous two generations is that it has a broad appeal, from beginners to more experienced climbers - in fact, anyone who is looking for a blend of comfort and support. Now in its third iteration, the shoe has been modernised, and features a significantly improved rubber compound, yet still comes in at quite a competitive price, making it arguably more appealing than ever.

Read the full review here: https://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/footwear/rock_shoes/boreal_joker_and_joker_...

Read more

spenser 10 Oct 2022
In reply to UKC Videos:

I'm surprised to see such a positive review of these. I tried a pair on in Outside a few weeks ago and found that the seams were all in really uncomfortable places, completely unlike the pair I bought around 8 or 9 years ago.

In reply to spenser:

Interesting, that’s certainly at odds with my experience. I last used the Joker in/around that time - back when they were turquoise - and they felt a lot more basic in terms of their construction. Obviously not denying how they felt though - probably just a good indication of how essential it is to try before you buy.

aln 10 Oct 2022
In reply to spenser:

> I'm surprised to see such a positive review of these. 

On this unbiased website that's sponsored by the company? 

spenser 10 Oct 2022
In reply to Rob Greenwood - UKClimbing:

The ones I'm talking about were red!
That said I reckon that there was only one pair of boots in outside which fitted me, my feet are a thoroughly odd shape!

In reply to aln:

You may not want to believe we maintain editorial independence, but we do. 

Here’s a link to a review that wasn’t overly glowing:  youtube.com/watch?v=uZ5oLG_xHww&

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...