UKC

NEWS: Graeme Alderson Leaves BMC

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Michael Ryan 22 May 2007
Graeme Alderson (43) of Manchester has spent seven years as the BMC's climbing walls and competition guru. As you may have read in a BMC premier post in the UKClimbing.com forums the BMC are now advertising for a replacement as Graeme has now completed his tour of duty. In fact, his job is being spl...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/
 ste_d 22 May 2007
to take up a career in premiership football management?
 Dave C 22 May 2007
In reply to ste_d: He's applied to be the next coach of the England cricket team I reckon!
graeme alderson 22 May 2007
In reply to Dave C: Well if I'd got that job we'd have definitely had more than 2 bleedin' overs on Sunday night.
Removed User 22 May 2007
In reply to Mick Ryan - UKClimbing.com:

With regret Graeme A has left to spend more time coaching the England Cricket team and other posters on the UKC Cricket threads about the more vague rules of the game

Good luck in whatever you're moving onto G.
 Dave C 22 May 2007
In reply to graeme alderson: Aye, it was a pretty piss-poor declaration wasn't it?
Good luck with the Sheff move and the business btw.
 Bill Davidson 22 May 2007
In reply to graeme alderson:

Good luck Graeme, know anyone else I can take money off?
You owe me a tenner Graeme.
In reply to David Simmonite: Why?
Does there have to be a reason??

Just seeing if you were awake.
In reply to Bill Davidson: Fancy a double or quits again then. More English winners at BRYCS than Scottish. Nowt like a bit of petty nationalism to make it interesting - I can just see Dylan trying even harder if it means that its going to cost me £20!!
 David Peters 22 May 2007
In reply to graeme alderson: A piece of advise for you, next time you get some one to do the plumbing in The Works dont let Simmonite do it, that's not why they call him 'The plumber' !
In reply to David Peters:
Actually 'Das Plumber' is the correct term!
 David Peters 22 May 2007
In reply to David Simmonite: You talking to me Dave

Hmmmmmm, Let me ponder this one............ 2 Scottish Regions v Nine other regions!! You'll have to try harder than that mate!
In reply to Bill Davidson:

You should go for the longer term bet on Sunderland staying in the Premiership.
In reply to David Simmonite:

Well he did try for double or quits on them winning promotion but that was as bad as the Brycs one!

Seriously though folks. It shows what a fantastic job Graeme has done that it will take two people to replace him. I doff my cap to him.
In reply to Bill Davidson: I'll even it up then, and make it Scot & Wales v Eng
In reply to Bill Davidson: The promotion bet offered was even worse than the BRYCS offering, I offered you it AFTER we were promoted

LOL, LOL, Lol!
In reply to Removed User: I am going to spend the next year studying the D/L method so I can explain it to Al Evans!
 Al Evans 22 May 2007
In reply to Dave C:
> (In reply to graeme alderson) Aye, it was a pretty piss-poor declaration wasn't it?
But typically Strauss!

Al Evans 22 May 2007
> (In reply to abzmed) I am going to spend the next year studying the D/L method so I can explain it to Al Evans!

Thank you Graham
Removed User 22 May 2007
In reply to Al Evans:
HA!!! lol.
nobody can explain that!!
In reply to Al Evans: Strauss has only captained 5 times in tests, won 3, drawn 2. So there was nothing typical about his crap decision to not declare earlier.
In reply to Removed User: Well my understanding is that you use the random number generator in Excel and then multiply the oppositions score by this. Take off the number of pies that Gatting has eaten that day then divide the result by the number of initials (excluding surname) that the batting teams number 10 has. Then...............................
 Dave C 22 May 2007
> (In reply to abzmed) ...then divide the result by the number of initials (excluding surname) that the batting teams number 10 has.

So naming Chaminda (W.P.U.C.J) Vaas at number 10 explains why Sri Lanka win so many games by the D/L method then?

There are however some tasty rugby games coming up......... SA & your lot?
 Al Evans 22 May 2007
> (In reply to Al Evans) Strauss has only captained 5 times in tests, won 3, drawn 2. So there was nothing typical about his crap decision to not declare earlier.

Its happened at least twice before, once he got away with it.

In reply to Dave C: I was wondering if anyone would pick that one up. Good spot.
In reply to Al Evans: No it hasn't Al

Strauss has captained England 5 times - 4 times against PAK last year plus this recent game against WI

We hammered PAK at Old Trafford and won very convincingly at Headingley. The Oval was the Oval and an English declaration didn't come into it.

It might have happened at Lord's last year when we declared with a lead of 399 and PAK scored 214 for 4 in 73 overs (presumably more overs would have been available if a result was probable).

So it might have happened once before but it certainly hasn't happened at least twice before.

In reply to Al Evans:

There's no point arguing with graeme Al; he's always right (like me)!
 sutty 22 May 2007
In reply to Alison Stockwell:

>he's always right (like me)!

Is he female as well then?
 steve taylor 22 May 2007

You'll be missed mate! You are irreplaceable - and I mean it.

Enjoy the "new" job.

Simon 22 May 2007

Well done for all your efforts Graeme - the BMC will be a lesser place without you - but good luck with the projects (you know much about access - lol!)

...and I'll see you down the works sometime ...when the rain comes!

;0)

Si
In reply to sutty:
>
> Is he female as well then?

Well if he is he's a very strange looking one.
In reply to steve taylor: I'm becoming Big Sam's assistant with a long term view of turning the Mags into the news Leeds - am I don't mean Mr Whittaker!!
 Simon 22 May 2007
In reply to GraemeA at home:
> (In reply to steve taylor) I'm becoming Big Sam's assistant with a long term view of turning the Mags into the news Leeds -

The Bar-codes will love you!!

;0)

Si
In reply to Simon: It's a deep cover mission. Do you think they will suss me? Most of them are pretty stupid after all.
 Ian W 22 May 2007

But not stupid enough to support Sunderland.
 Simon 22 May 2007
> (In reply to Simon) It's a deep cover mission. Do you think they will suss me? Most of them are pretty stupid after all.

They never sussed Dalglesh, Gullit, Keegan or Rowder - so why you mate?!

;0)

Si
In reply to Ian W: But stupid enough to think that they are a top English team, remind me when they last won a domestic honour and how many times they have been English Champions

Anyway see you at Ratho, which is my last day for the BMC.
In reply to Bill Davidson: Right, found the bet. England Saxons v Scotland A in the Churchill Cup on Sunday. Double or quits.

I reckon that our 'C' team can beat your 'B' team.
 Mark Alderson 22 May 2007

All the best Graeme and thanks for everything you've done to keep youth comps high on the agenda. The "Margate Massive" would not exist without you
 Bill Davidson 23 May 2007

Hmmm, But you dont think your A Team can be the SA's?
 Stu Tyrrell 23 May 2007
In reply to GraemeA at home: God luck in your new job (at the chippy).

Stu
 Ian W 23 May 2007

I'm not even close to thinking they are a "top English team". The longer the top brass at NUFC persist with this myth and the longer they put off admitting that a full rebuild job is needed, the longer it will be before we are again a "top English team".

But yes, i will be at Ratho.....and Sheffield.... and Blackpool, so I'll see you there. Best wishes with the Works, we'll get down there sometime soon, and I might even see you at the 'Boro wall in the non too distant future, hopefully?
 Ian W 23 May 2007
In reply to Mark Alderson:

And I'd back up mark's comments about the Margate Massive with similar comments about Rock Solid North East. the BRYCS series started it off with Jane Newman, and so far we have got you two national team types in Tom n and Adam Watson, and a whole load of other "prospects" under the stewardship of The Earl and Springer. There's some serious talent available if your successor plays his/her cards right in british competition climbing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...