UKC

Hathersage this Saturday

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Good morning,

I'll be dropping by Hathersage on Saturday, looking to do some solo/low end bouldering as a reintroduction from a year off due to injury.

Flicking through the Peak Bouldering guidebook I fancy Millstone/Owler Tor area's.

Would anyone recommend problems/crags at the mentioned area or other spots close to (within 30 mins walk) of Hathersage to help me train up a bit (grades below 6B / V3) please?

Cheers

cragtyke 20 Apr 2023
In reply to Saint.Procrastination:

Owler Tor and the Burbage valley would be the obvious spots, but unfortunately heavy rain is forecast for all day Friday, with showers on Saturday, so  you will need to bear that in mind.

LakesWinter 20 Apr 2023

Weather looks not great for Saturday.....

PaulJepson 20 Apr 2023

With a good wind, the burbage south boulders would be the best bet. They dry quick after rain but make sure they are properly dry, as a prolonged period of rain (like forecast for friday) will seep into the porous rock and make it fragile. 

If saturday is mixed (like it currently looks like it will be) then there probably wont be any climbing in.

Thanks all for the replies. 

I knew rain was forecast Friday, Netweather has cloud no rain Saturday but perhaps I will take a good walk instead this weekend. 

steveriley 20 Apr 2023

Owler Tor is a lovely spot and all the F4, 5 and low 6s are worth a look in a nice compact area. Wafery Flake I thought was great (6A+).

In reply to steveriley:

Thanks. I am planning to head across to Higgor Tor earlyish, having a bimble before any hordes may descend.

Will defo take a look at Owler

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...