UKC

UKC logbook - belayed option

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 jbrom 14 Apr 2024

I use my logbook as a record of the crags that I have been to and the experiences that I have had. Sometimes my climbing experiences include going to crags and belaying partners on hard routes. Currently there does not appear to be a way of logging a "belayed" option, could this be something that could be added to the logbook options? 

I fully understand that the logbook is predominantly a record of climbing, but today I went to an awesome crag and held the rope for a friend, it would be awesome if I was able to record this experience in my logbook for my personal record.

McHeath 14 Apr 2024
In reply to jbrom:

Good idea. You should also be able to record the onsight, the flash, the repeat and the dnc (did not catch). The option of giving 1-5 stars for the belaying experience could be included (neck comfort, ground underfoot, proximity of brambles or a big drop behind you for a possibly necessary sprint etc.)

This guy would surely clock up the most B-points:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJHVgkchcbw&pp=ygUUV29ybGQncyBiZXN0IGJl...

OP jbrom 14 Apr 2024
In reply to McHeath:

To be honest, I am not surprised to see plenty of negative responses. Good to see the UKC dislike to reply ratio in full force though.

To be fair, using your scale the one I have in mind from yesterday wouldn't score that highly as whilst it was a nice big ledge, it was covered in goat poo!

As I acknowledged in my OP I recognise that the logbook is predominantly a record of routes climbed, but for me, my logbook is also a record of the crags I have been to, who I have climbed with, and the experiences I have had. Climbing isn't just about pulling on the rock but about all those other aspects combined, as well as getting on the rock.

Perhaps the correct way to log it would be to tie on, flail about on a route too hard for me and log a DNF.

Perhaps I am too kind (foolish?) walking in to a crag I have no intention of climbing at, and holding the rope for someone so they can get the session they want, whilst still wanting to look back through my logbook and recall my visit to that crag with some notes.

John Kelly 14 Apr 2024
In reply to jbrom:

Maybe stick it in the 'Activity diary' - you can create your own activities, so 'belaying' 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...