UKC

Lost route logs for Les Dru

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tom Green 20 Sep 2023

Hi

Noticed that the Dru pages in the logbooks seem to have lost a lot of ascents. 

Routes that were logged (by me and others) have now lost all the logbook entries on both the crag page and the route page. These logs appear to have been deleted from individual logbooks too.

Have checked with others and they have found the same, so it's not just my device/browser.

I haven't checked more widely through the logbooks, so I don't know if it is just the Drus or if there are more mountains/crags/routes affected.

Please can you find these logs... we all know that if it isn't logged on UKC we didn't really climb it, and I don't want to have to climb it again!

davkeo 20 Sep 2023
In reply to Tom Green:

Perhaps a case of the route has fallen down so it has been automatically deleted from the UKC database? If so then everyone's logbook is destined to suffer. I must check my log for The Gnasher in Dalkey quarry circa 2016 is still there.

OP Tom Green 20 Sep 2023
In reply to davkeo:

Haha! I did briefly consider that, but pretty sure I’d have heard if the whole bloody aiguille had fallen down! (Probably literally heard… would make a big bang!)

Also, I reckon your logs are safe for Dalkey Quarry. I mean, messing with Les Drus is one thing, but no one would have the audacity to cancel Dalkey! 

Post edited at 13:22
 tjoliver 20 Sep 2023
In reply to Tom Green:

Rest assured, the Dru is still standing. I heard the crag was accidentally deleted from the UKC database, so just Dru entries affected. Looks like the crag and its routes are back in the database, but no idea if logbooks entries can be recovered.

OP Tom Green 20 Sep 2023
In reply to tjoliver:

That's good news! Thanks mate.

In reply to Tom Green:

Hi Tom, the previous crag moderator accidently deleted all the climbs on 4th Sept :/

I restored these from a database backup but I missed off restoring the logs. I'm working on that now.

Sorry for the hiccup and thanks for spotting it!

Post edited at 13:32
OP Tom Green 21 Sep 2023
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Fab, thanks Paul. 

OP Tom Green 24 Sep 2023
In reply to Paul Phillips - UKC and UKH:

Thanks for sorting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...