UKC

Line drawing updates to photos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 psborland 17 Jul 2019

Any plans to replace some of the drawings of crags with photos ? Eg Moat buttress, lorry park both have good photos in the BMC guides . The app seems an opportunity for improving this aspect over the books.

In reply to psborland:

> Any plans to replace some of the drawings of crags with photos ? Eg Moat buttress, lorry park both have good photos in the BMC guides . The app seems an opportunity for improving this aspect over the books.

We are working on Peak Limestone at the moment and some of the drawn topos have already been replaced in the working document - Moat Buttress, Central Buttress (WCJ), Cornice (Chee) for example.

Lorry Park probably isn't possible any more. I was there in February when it was dry and the trees had no leaves but the trees are so high now that the drawn topo actually gives better coverage. This is also going to be true for Chee Tor, Lammergeyer, High Tor Right Wing, Long Wall (RHS) and Taddington since I have tried in these places but it is impossible to get anything that really works.

I still have to look at Cornice (WCJ), The Nook and Nettle Buttress which may or may not be possible.

On a minor point, the app offers no real extra opportunity to the books in terms of photos apart from the ability to use really big topos of extensive crags that we don't need to split across printed pages. The actual photos we use are the same.

Alan

OP psborland 18 Jul 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

Sounds good, thanks for the reply.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...