UKC

Cuttings boulder field - app currently unusable

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 griff90 16 Sep 2019

For some other crags you can click the boulder/buttress you want to look at on the overview image or offline map to display the relevant topo. These links do not seem to work on the cuttings boulderfield. 

The topo thumbnails also do not display after the first 10 or so images so it is not possible to navigate in this way either.

Currently the only way to find the topo you want is to open up one of the first topos and look through the ~150 topos untill you spot it! Some of the topos do not have the name displayed so you can end up comparing 100s of topos to the boulder you can see in front of you.

It would be great if links from the overview image to the topos could be added/fixed.

It would also be really useful to have a searchable list of boulders/buttresses and routes to make finding the right topo less frustrating.

Thanks!

Chris

In reply to griff90:

Apologies for this.

I am not getting these errors. It might be worth removing the Cuttings Boulderfield and reinstalling to see if they appear again.

To remove go Crags > My Crags tab, then drag the list down so that 'Edit Crags' appears. This will put the bin symbol next to the crag. This is iOS. If you are on Android it might be slightly different.

Alan

Suncream 16 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I had the exact same problems as OP a few months ago. Very frustrating.

In reply to Suncream:

> I had the exact same problems as OP a few months ago. Very frustrating.

Did you manage to get it fixed?

Alan

Suncream 16 Sep 2019
In reply to Alan James - Rockfax:

I decided not to go back to cuttings boulder field! Between the app problems and the undergrowth it wasn't particularly pleasant.

In reply to griff90:

Hi Chris,

Sorry about this. I've just realised there is an issue with the topo scroller on that crag so I'll start working on a fix for that.

The issues with the links on that particular crag I was aware of. It's on the topo list and we'll have it sorted soon.

Apologies for this.

Cheers,
Martin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...