UKC

Two days in Albarracin

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 julesmckim 11 Mar 2024

I have two days in Albarracin next week and am looking for any tips on must-visit sectors, top problems, van park up spots, bars etc. Keen on doing lots of problems in 6a to 7a range, not keen on walking around too much! Thanks in advance 

farhi 12 Mar 2024
In reply to julesmckim:

The normal van spot is the mirador parking. Think it’s 44126 on p4n. Authorised overnight parking. Beware of human poo if you walk too far and apparently there’s a pay-for-meter now but recent comments were that it doesn’t work. Can be a bit busy but nice vista. It’s about 5 mins down the road from the climbing parking (where overnight stays are banned). 

There was a quiet spot in Bezas we used but there was no signal. Can’t remember location but it was on p4n. Think there’s a new aire by the Dinopolis as well but can’t comment on it. 

Have a great time!

HeMa 13 Mar 2024
In reply to farhi:

Indeed, as for the climb areas... for a short trip and not much approach. I'd recommend sectors Parking (duh), Arrastradero, Cabrerizo, and perhaps La Fuente. Lots to do in all of those sectors on that 6A to 7A grade.

A few problems to look at would be:
Parking: Zooruyo, Confusion, Zarzamora stand, La tortuga
Arrastradero: La lagrima, Zig Zag, Techo de menos
Cabrerizo: Techo don Pepo, La ley de la barra, La Rodilla de Luxo, Método Bizarro
La Fuente: El gorro, Autobus

Note, there is an abidance of climbing on those four sectors alone. And the recommendations were something I quickly copied from 27Crags. They are mostly in the high 6 to 7A grade. But that does not mean that there would not be any quality problems near the 6A mark... In fact, there are a lot of them. And also, a lot of other good problems in the higher grades that IMHO felt nicer than some of the suggestions... but I guess it's up to the personal preferences.

Rick Graham 13 Mar 2024
In reply to farhi:

> The normal van spot is the mirador parking. Think it’s 44126 on p4n. Authorised overnight parking. Beware of human poo if you walk too far and apparently there’s a pay-for-meter now but recent comments were that it doesn’t work. Can be a bit busy but nice vista. It’s about 5 mins down the road from the climbing parking (where overnight stays are banned). 

Plenty of vans there about a month ago, seemed to be staying without hassle, meter not working. Went for a walk from there and did not see any crap.

> There was a quiet spot in Bezas we used but there was no signal. Can’t remember location but it was on p4n. Think there’s a new aire by the Dinopolis as well but can’t comment on it. 

The aire was about 14 euros but access only by a useless app, we gave up and stayed overnight on a car park for 4 euros. 

Camp or caravan site nearby would not take campervans.

Car park sign said no campervans, but I think that was just for no encampments, table, awnings etc. Luckily our van fits in a standard parking space.  As long as it looks like a parked vehicle its ok to stealth camp according to Spanish law as discussed on some campervan forums.

OP julesmckim 13 Mar 2024
In reply to farhi:

Thanks! That's really helpful. May bump into you in Cheddar in the summer

In reply to HeMa:

Thanks HeMa. Helpful to have a few problems to aim for amongst the 3000+. 

In reply to Rick Graham:

Thanks for that Rick, sounds like we should be able to fit in too. We're getting good at stealth camps.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...