UKC

Recommendation for solo travelling in August

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 GreenChicken 20 Mar 2024

For the first time in my life of 42 years I am in a situation where I have to figure out what to do for summer holiday. Do you recommend destinations/tour agencies for a solo climber (female - not so important. However I prefer to hang out with people who are of my age or older)? I only just started to climb obsessively about 6 months ago, and have very little outdoor climbing experience. Or if there is anyone who is in the similar situation, we could see if we are compatible to be able to plan something together? Any ideas for consideration are welcome. 

tjekel 21 Mar 2024
In reply to GreenChicken:

In that case, Kalymnos may be the place to go. Lots of climbers around you can link up with on a day-to-day basis, usually there are whatsappgroups you can link into, half-day climbing, half-day at the beach plus restaurants full of climbers ...

In reply to GreenChicken:

Maybe the Ailefroide meet? 

https://www.womensalpineadventureclub.com/meets

They won't all be your age (quite a range the last event I went to, so not all young things) but all women and a great vibe. 

Post edited at 19:22
 Robert Durran 21 Mar 2024
In reply to tjekel:

> In that case, Kalymnos may be the place to go. 

Might be on the hot side for climbing in August.

tjekel 23 Mar 2024
In reply to Robert Durran:

Have been there in summer 15+ times and always got quite a bit of climbing in. Much better than other southern climbing areas because of the Meltemi winds.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...