UKC

Lundy, "easy" routes.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Mike Conlon 09 May 2024

Off to Lundy next week. A previous visit was in September and outside of the bird restrictions. I particularly enjoyed the easier routes on Beaufort Buttress, but that has restrictions at this time of the year. I have the guidebook but would appreciate anyone with knowledge of the island, recommending any easy routes ( if there are any), not subject to bird bans.

In reply to Mike Conlon:

I think it might be slim pickings, I'm afraid. There's a thing called Bideford Ridge on the east side somewhere. I have the vague memory of seeing a decent-looking picture of it somewhere at some point. Although either we didn't find it, or it's in reality absolute bobbins. Still, it's a day out where you won't be strafed by nesting great black-backed gulls, which has something to be said for it.

The Constable isn't bird-banned, is it? There's a reasonably amenable way up that.

jcm

Howard J 09 May 2024
In reply to Mike Conlon:

There's still plenty of climbing outside the banned areas, you just have to work carefully through the guidebook. Look at the page numbers on the restricted list, as restrictions may not apply to the entire buttress.

On my last trip we climbed at Flying Buttress, Picnic Bay Cliff and Seal Slab, as well as Beaufort Buttress.  Nothing harder than HS. Friends climbed at Needle Rock and Devil's Slide.  

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...