Austrian Tirol next winter van ski resort tour

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 bigrob 28 Apr 2024

I’m bored of real life so next winter I’m off to the Austrian Tirol for jan feb and march.

ill be doing a van tour of as many ski resorts as possible on the Tirol ski super pass. 

got a decent van that’s not scared of winter conditions, but looking for a heads up on some good valley bases and either wild van camp spots In the Tirol min valleys ( I know I’m Austria it’s a bit frowned open…) or so,e decent cheap valley camp sites open for winter. 

basic plan would be about 4/5 nights in the vn followed bu]y a night in b and b to sort dmm and charge everything etc.

be interested interested to hear from anyone who’s done anything similar! 

Thanks rob 

fenski 29 Apr 2024
In reply to bigrob:

Some lift stations let you park for free and have toilets etc. Pitztal for one (nice small resort with good touring possibilities also). 

Should be able to find others.

OP bigrob 29 Apr 2024
In reply to fenski:

Thank for the heads up! 

Do u know of any others?

cheers r

fenski 30 Apr 2024
In reply to bigrob:

Not off the top of my head, because I haven't had the Tirol Snowcard for many years. I now buy the Salzburgsuperskicard, because of where I live. 

There are some resorts on there which allow van parking, but that doesn't really help you. 

Oh hang on, you can park at Konigsleiten just outside the lift station car park, which I think is on the Tirol Snowcard. 

For the Oeztal valley, there is a really nice camping at Langenfeld, but that is around 30 euro/night. In Mayrhofen, you used to be able to camp outside the paragliding place for about a tenner a night with showers and toilets.   

OP bigrob 30 Apr 2024
In reply to fenski:

Where on the Salzburg card allows parking?

not 100 percent fixed in the tirol! Just got a love of austria!

fenski 02 May 2024
In reply to bigrob:

tbh, I think the Tirol Snowcard gives access to better resorts (or at least it used to) than the Salzburgsuperski. Although the resorts are typically busier than those on the Salzburgsuperski.   

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...