Water bottles are circular, why? Pt.2

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.

Following on from this earlier thread:

https://www.ukhillwalking.com/forums/gear/water_bottles_are_circular_why-76758...

I am currently sitting drinking a not very good shiraz ('Chapter & Verse') from Aldi. It comes in a flat 0.75l PET bottle. 93mm wide, 42mm thick (with rounded corners), 325mm tall (90mm neck).

I confess that part of the selection process was the fact that it came in a flat bottle. Needs care not to knock it over...

nikoid 05 Apr 2024
In reply to captain paranoia:

Saw them the other day for the first time. Not going to be very table cloth friendly are they? You can get rid of your wine rack though and stack them like books.

deepsoup 05 Apr 2024

Is that going to be your new water bottle now?  Sounds like a bargain - you found the fairly niche 'flat' water bottle you wanted, it only cost a few quid and it came bundled with 750ml of not brilliant but perfectly drinkable wine for free.

In reply to deepsoup:

> you found the fairly niche 'flat' water bottle you wanted, 

Wasn't me looking for a flat bottle. This is merely a PSA, as the previous thread is locked (I didn't think kit threads got locked, but the forum does change behaviour over time).

In reply to nikoid:

> Not going to be very table cloth friendly are they? 

Maybe one should get one's butler to decant it into crystal...

LastBoyScout 08 Apr 2024

I was in the vicinity of Aldi on Friday and curiosity propelled me in.

It's a nice flat bottle which has, as you say, a rather long neck on it - but, apart from stability issues, it's the colour that would put me off (nasty shade of green).

Would, however, have been ideal for that time we had a "posh" picnic at the top of Snowdon - a half-decent Merlot poured out of a Nalgene bottle wasn't quite the tone we wanted.

CantClimbTom 08 Apr 2024
In reply to LastBoyScout:

If you want a very non posh bivvy "picnic" in N Wales, it'd involve food bought from petrol station (probably  Beran Service Station) and good portions of whisky, well mine do anyway...

But disappointingly, as much as I wish them well and believe in buying locally, the Aber Falls Whisgi I had was very ordinary indeed    

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...