Sold: 60m Dynamic rope (Never used) with rope bag

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 nealwag (user since 28/Jan/11) 03 May 2024
The seller has now marked this as sold
Price: £95.00

I have a dynamic 60m rope which I have never used.  Bought just before a climbing accident so no longer needed.

I cannot remember the brand but it could either be Mammut, Eldrid Python or a Beal rope.

I believe its either 9.5 or 10mm 

Pictures added so you may know the brand by the pictures

£95 + £5 P&P

bpmclimb 03 May 2024
In reply to nealwag:

Hi. How old is the rope, please?

... and did you buy it new?

Post edited at 17:51
OP nealwag 04 May 2024
In reply to bpmclimb:

I bought the rope in 2017 from new and it has never been used for either indoor or outdoor climbing.  

minimike 04 May 2024
In reply to nealwag:

I think you might need to drop your price.. you’re selling a 7yo rope for the same price you can have a brand new one. 

OP nealwag 04 May 2024
In reply to minimike:

I think you may be correct there.

As you say, I did buy it a while ago.  However the rope is still unused and therefore in excellent condition as it has been stored in the garage.

I do agree though, so I will drop the price to £55 plus P&P

Brass Nipples 04 May 2024
In reply to nealwag:

Even unused a rope should be retired after approx 10 years. Don’t assume because it’s unused it will be like new.

Dave Baker SP5 05 May 2024
In reply to nealwag

If your rope doesn't have a tag on the end with manufacturer, diameter and certification (single, half, etc) then I would suspect it's a "no name", or cut from a spool.

From looking at the photo, my opinion is this rope is good for making a mat, or many dog leashes.

Sell the bag, it comes with a free extra long dog leash. 

OP nealwag 05 May 2024
In reply to nealwag:

Thank you all for the comments regarding the rope. I was concerned, so I went to the centre to get it checked out. I was informed the rope is an Eldrid 9.5mm in very good condition.

Sold to the centre for £50

Again thank you for the advice in getting it checked out

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...