UKC

Old school resin holds

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Andy Jackson 15 Jan 2024

Does anyone know and hold manufacturers who sell the old school type resin holds for a homeboard? It seems all the new holds available are designed to be comfortable, but I want grossly, perhaps sometimes a bit painful small resins. I want more interesting shapes than just flat crimps. something you might find at the school room or on the older climbing wall boards. A bit like the moon board yellows?

j_duds 15 Jan 2024
In reply to Andy Jackson:

You could buy some moon yellow holds? But costly for a full board set: https://moonclimbing.com/original-school-holds.html

Core do some good things (comfy holds and aggressive holds), but often sold in large sets. I have a set of limestone small crimps that are quite aggressive.

Holdz and Bleaustone - the holds I have from these two companies are mostly comfy; Bleaustone flat crimps/pinches make me engage my thumbs. Some holdz holds are quite fingery fun (I think I have some Generalz types). 

You could look at second hand and try pick up something you want. 

I use to want some stonesmith holds, but they aren't easy to find! 

Interested to see what others recommend.

DizzyT 16 Jan 2024

Keep an eye on Gumtree/ EBay. I got around a 100 proper old school holds in good condition a few years back from Gumtree. A good way to add pain to a board session.

stuartholmes 17 Jan 2024

Beacon climbing do some good sets for home walls and reasonable price/set sizes.

Killianmurphy 01 Feb 2024

KONG holds still supply some of the more old-school shapes. 

in particular you will want to look at the Artline, Volx, HRT and KONG holds Ranges 

Arctic grips have some craggy stuff 

you can access the order forms for these brands and more at: 

https://www.kongholds.com/pages/our-brands/ 

The Holdz 'foot holds' sets make really brutal hand holds and are certainly small. I've some on my home board and they fit the bill.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...