UKC

NEWSFLASH: Three GB Climbing Athletes in Wujiang IFSC Lead World Cup Final

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 UKC News 13 Apr 2024

Three GB Climbing athletes have qualified for tomorrow's final in the IFSC Lead World Cup in Wujiang, China. Toby Roberts, Max Milne and Erin McNeice all finished in the top eight in today's semi-final. 

This is the first time that more than two British athletes have qualified for finals in the same World Cup event since the Leeds World Cup in 1989, when Simon Nadin, Jerry Moffat, Mark Leach and Ian Vincent competed in the final (and Simon won).

Read more

j_duds 13 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Can you check the times for the Sundays final, I thought they were 19.00 local, and 12.00 midday UK time? 

JLS 13 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

…and the award for best route reading goes to Max Milne!

Ian Dunn 14 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Leeds 1989

Simon Nadin, Jerry Moffat, Mark Leach, Ian Vincent 

midgen 14 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Astounding that the TV rights have been sold to a broadcaster who isn't going to show the event live, and the live streams are geo-blocked in the UK. 

john arran 14 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Great fight, Toby!

In reply to midgen:

If you get a vpn and connect to the USA you can watch all the comps for free on the IFSC YouTube channel. Allegedly..

In reply to Ian Dunn:

Mark wasn't in the final.

Welsh Kate 14 Apr 2024
In reply to john arran:

Just picking it up on Eurosport - strong climb!

In reply to Graeme Alderson:

Looks like I did Mark an injustice, he got 8 ranking points which means he came 7th. Sorry Mark, sorry Squawk

(I have the rankings from 1989 as a hard copy/e-copy, maybe the only copy left in the world )

midgen 15 Apr 2024
In reply to UKC News:

Good result! Shame the coverage is so embarrassingly amateur. Commentary is decent but camera work is awful, badly exposed, people walking in from of the camera, sloppy framing. The audio mix isn't great either, I know there wasn't a huge crowd but hearing a bit of the atmosphere would improve things.

Plus it's not shown live but still shown in realtime, so loads of filler waiting around between climbs.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...