Garmin Connect iPhone logging out everyday!!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 elliot.baker 22 Apr 2024

Has this happened to anyone else? Every day or so when I open Garmin Connect on my iPhone 12 it’s logged me out and disconnected the watch (Fenix 6X). So I have to log in and re register my watch as if it’s a new device “Congratulations on your new Fenix 6X!! Here’s some exciting features for you to set up!” 🤦🏻 

I’ve had the watch a couple of years and the iPhone 3.5yrs and it’s only started happening a few months ago  I’ve tried uninstalling Connect and reinstalling, searched online and found nothing. But it means it stops syncing with Strava and MyFitnessPal and stops syncing the watch altogether until after a few days I remember and re-add the watch and log In again.

Anyone else experienced this and /or knows how to fix it??
Thanks 

StuDoig 22 Apr 2024
In reply to elliot.baker:

Do you have another device that you could try pairing with to check if the issue is with the phone / connect app?

Not quite the same fault but my instinct solar stopped syncing for some reason last year . With a bit of back and forth to Garmin ended up being told to do the following:

"For this issue please can you try doing a full reset on the device.

To do this please follow the steps here.

You can reset all of the device settings to the factory default values.

Hold MENU.

Select Settings > System > Reset.

Select an option:

To reset all of the device settings to the factory default values and delete all user-entered information and activity history, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.

Once done you will need to pair the device again, If you have trouble pairing the device please follow the steps below.

Remove any entries for the device in the 'Garmin Devices' menu of GCM, per "Removing and Adding a Fitness Device in the Garmin Connect App"

Remove the device from the phone's Bluetooth settings

Sign out of the Connect Mobile app

Force-close the Connect Mobile app

Toggle the phone's Bluetooth OFF

Repeat the above steps on any phone/tablet the device has been attempted to be paired with.

Toggle the device's Bluetooth OFF

Power-cycle both the phone and the device

Toggle the phone's Bluetooth back ON

Toggle the device's Bluetooth back ON

Open the Connect Mobile app

Sign back into the Connect Mobile app

Take the phone and the device outside (to avoid potential interference from other devices)

Attempt to pair the device in the Connect Mobile app once more"

Cheers,

Stuart 

OP elliot.baker 27 Apr 2024
In reply to elliot.baker:

Thanks for the lengthy and helpful reply StuDoig but I think I have fixed it and it was something else, putting it here for posterity in case anyone else has this problem in the future.

iPhone has a feature when your storage is nearly full to uninstall apps in the background that you haven't logged into for a while, but they still show on your home-screen and then it just quickly reinstalls them for you when you click to open them. I offloaded half my photos and turned that feature off and since then it's not happened, which is weird because it never actually uninstalled Garmin Connect. But hopefully this has fixed it now. 🙏

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...