Campsite for Cadair Idris

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Motown 22 Apr 2024

Can anyone recommend a campsite for Cadair Idris - relaxed/reasonable and ideally near a pub. Thanks, Will.

Rik 22 Apr 2024
In reply to Motown:

This place is pretty good, but not sure how near it is to a pub:

http://ffermcedrisfarm.wales/

Rik

OP Motown 23 Apr 2024
In reply to Rik: Thanks - looks great. Will scope  pubs.

Myfyr Tomos 23 Apr 2024
In reply to Rik:

Nearest pub to Cedris is probably the Railway Inn in Abergynolwyn.

The closest campsites to the start of the Minffordd path (south side) are Cwmrhwyddfor Farm (01654 761286) and Dol Einion campsite (01654 761312). Closest pubs being The Railway Inn, the Cross Foxes or the Slaters Arms in Corris - all a drive away from the campsites. You also have the twee and dainty Minffordd Hotel right at the start of the path...

On the north side, you have Erw Gwyddil campsite and Tyddyn campsite, both with very basic facilities but super convenient for climbs on Cyfrwy etc and with cracking views of the north face. Just turn up and pitch for these two. The farmers will collect the dosh. Nearest pubs are in Dolgellau, a few miles away.

OP Motown 27 Apr 2024
In reply to Myfyr Tomos:

Thanks Myfyr. Really useful. Hoped I might be able to walk to the Railway Inn from Fferm Cedris. However, like the sound of your other recommended sites. Thanks again.

Matt Podd 27 Apr 2024
In reply to Motown:

Has The Railway reopened? My Favourite pub in that area is the Llew Goch - Red Lion on Dinas Mawddwy

OP Motown 27 Apr 2024
In reply to Matt Podd:

Seems to have reopened very recently https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100094117062152.

In reply to Matt Podd:

Yup it's open and has seemed very busy every time I've driven past. Not stopped there yet though.

bobbyspangles 27 Apr 2024
In reply to Motown:

If you're in a club then our hut is not far from Cadair. It's in Corris.

Available to BMC club members. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...