FREE: Scammer operating on UKC - sccott896@gmail.com

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 smbnji (user since 28/Mar/19) 12 Apr 2024

Fyi to keep vigilant when buying/selling on UKC (and anywhere really...)

I recently posted looking for a copy of a guidebook, this post was obviously seen by a scammer, and I received a response from this user:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=405100

With the message:

> Hey I’ve a friend who has Rockfax Dolomites 2019 you can contact him via email sccott896@gmail.com

I googled the email address and there are several similar buying/selling forums reporting this scam, including the same message texts and usernames:

Mods; if you have access to it, it's probably worth checking the IP address for the user above and seeing if they have any other active accounts.

ablackett 13 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

I've had exactly the same message this morning about some Via Ferrata Lanyards i'm after from Larrythegoatt.

Spike 13 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

Thx for the warning, yes I received an email from use Alexhudxt also directing me to email that other user (about an Albarracin guide I am looking for)

In reply to Spike:

Hiya, 

Very sorry this has happened to you. The user in question has been banned. Spike - I can’t find the user you’ve mentioned. Could you message me a link?

Please report any suspicious activity to our forums email address. It allows us to take action quickly.

Nick

dontfollowme 13 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

I've had a similar message from when I posted a wanted advert for a guidebook. Will report.

dontfollowme 13 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

I've had a similar message from when I posted a wanted advert for a guidebook. Will report.

This is the user:

https://www.ukclimbing.com/user/profile.php?id=405101

RJML 13 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

I’ve had exactly the same in response to a wanted ad I placed for a bouldering pad.

ollie1 14 Apr 2024
In reply to smbnji:

Yep tried to scam me too. 

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...