FS: Home climbing wall

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 trailertrash (user since 30/Jul/06) 25 Mar 2024
Price: £1.00

OK, so, I’ve got a home wall/woodie and I’d like to sell the whole thing as a kit. I’ve never seen anyone try this, but let’s see if there’s any interest. I just don’t get the use out of it and I want to put the space to family use.

4 birch plywood panels with T nuts, 3 on a 15x15cm grid, one on a 20cmx15cm grid.

3mx3mx0.2m folding crash mat plus two 1.2mx0.6mx5cm mats.

Large selection of plastic holds, probably 150-200 plastic hand/foot holds mostly from Core and Holdz with a really good variety of styles, plus maybe 100 v small screw-on footholds and enough wooden holds in pairs on their own to make a system board, mostly from Hardwood Holds. 

The wall is in East Lothian. I’d like to have a sensible discussion about price via pm rather than field loads of low ball offhand offers.

Thanks for reading.

Here’s a few pictures:

OP trailertrash 25 Mar 2024
In reply to trailertrash:

Some late corrections: big mat is 3mx2mx20cm, three 2.44x1.22m plywood panels and one 2.44mx1.05m panel, all drilled at 15x15cm. Shorter panel is notched at top, see photos. One 2.44mx1.22m plywood panel drilled at 25cmx20cm.

OP trailertrash 26 Mar 2024

Some more info:

Retail value of the holds:

Holdz = £1610

Core = £100

Hardwood Holds = £715

Taylor-Made Holds and some odds and ends = £100

Receipts available if anyone is interested.

Post edited at 15:58
In reply to trailertrash:

Having bought and sold a few houses where I’ve built walls, the one thing I learned is to retain the holds that you like. For me it was a full 8’x12’ wall full of Hardwood Holds, Beastmaker etc. Mine were in storage for quite a while until building a wall at our new house.

In my last house we had 20 and 35 degree boards plus campus and other stuff. The problem is that not so many people have the room or head height for that, so you end up having to split it which is a pain. I ended up keeping my wooden holds, and then giving away the rest via an advert on here. It’s astonishing that it took two big van loads to take away.

The other big problem is geographical location, and holds are heavy things to post but doable. You might think about selling the holds in small lots and if you don’t get any takers on the boards, try facebook market place or last resort cut them up for the recycling centre. Hope it works out.

Paul

OP trailertrash 30 Mar 2024
In reply to paul_in_cumbria:

Hi Paul

Thanks for taking the time to write a helpful reply, I appreciate it 🙂

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...