Selling my rubbish car!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 mgce25c 05 Apr 2016
Hey, selling my rubbish car. Lots of bits missing/broken/bumped and MOT due in May (email me for a full list!)...

but runs well and starts first time each time and has never broken down on me. Anyone fancy a very cheap runabout? £200ish
Citroen Saxo Desire (5door) 54,000 miles. I'm based in the Lakes.
Will
In reply to mgce25c:

No thanks
OP mgce25c 09 Apr 2016
In reply to mgce25c:

Thanks for ALL the intrest(!)

Now at an amazing 50% off, only £100!!

Please? Anyone?!
Removed User 09 Apr 2016
In reply to mgce25c:
I will swap for a bag of tiles and my newspaper collection.

OP mgce25c 09 Apr 2016
In reply to Removed Userclaire14:

Now that's tempting....
But I wouldn't want you to feel hard done by.
Thanks anyway
 JIMBO 10 Apr 2016
In reply to mgce25c:
> Now at an amazing 50% off, only £100!

You'd get more for scrap (search the web for any number of firms) and they'd pick it up from your door...
OP mgce25c 11 Apr 2016
In reply to JIMBO:
Thanks, I'm aware that this is probably the end of the journey for my little saxo but I've had so many adventures in it that it'll be a shame to scrap.
After your suggestion I went online to find the scrap value. Once I'd filled out all the forms the company offered me £6...
Oh dear.
For anyone that was tempted... You're probably not now!

(Post edited to remove smiley face code)
Post edited at 16:07
 NottsRich 12 Apr 2016
In reply to mgce25c:
Might be worth another look around... I scrapped a 15 y/o 306 estate a couple of years back for £230 (collected from my house). Looking to scrap a similarly aged 320d estate now and have been offered a similar value. A Saxo is smaller, but surely not only worth £6!?

Might also be worth breaking it yourself (sell things like alternator, battery, power steering pump etc etc) and then scrap it. If you make more than £6 selling bits you've got a profit! Just depends if the effort is worth your time.
Post edited at 10:23

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...