Alps sleeping bag recommendation please

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Oo 15 Jul 2015
Heading to the Alps to do some things, plans are vague, need a sleeping bag I can bivi in. I'm 5'8 and 9 stone and tend to get cold when I sleep, a short bag to not need to carry the extra weight would be nice. I'm thinking down and something that goes down to -10C comfort - sound about right? Happy to spend a little money on this as long as it lasts.

Recommendations please... both for a specific bag and/or a specific retailer selling it cheap. Second hand considered!
 MrJared 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Oo:

I use a Mountain Equipment Starlight 3. Never had a problem with it apart from a slightly too large pack size. Add a liner for added comfort.
 Mark Haward 15 Jul 2015
In reply to Oo:

Depends on what sort of routes you're doing, where you are going to bivvy, altitude, how many nights etc. My preference is for a very lightweight down bag ( ie; Phd Minimus or similar ) and a silk liner. This is with proviso of being well fed (fatty foods), hot drinks, good forecast, I'll have warm clothing including hat and gloves, metal water bottle as hot water bottle and a few sit ups when I first get into the bag, sheltered spot, good insulating mat, bivvy bag. Also, I'm usually getting up between 1.00 - 3.00 am so it is a fairly short night.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...