FS:Waterproof 3 Season Down Sleeping Bag- £200

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 london_huddy 14 Jul 2015

premier post photo
Price: £200 (£400RRP) - Open to offers
For Sale: Mammut Shield EXP 3 Season Waterproof Sleeping Bag

Like bivying? Sick of lugging up a sleeping bag and bivi bag? This is the answer!
A combined 3 season bag and a burly bivi bag, tipping the scales at 1.1kg.

Selling to rationalise my sleeping bag collection and because I don't get much chance to bivi these days. Stored unpacked so the down's in perfect condition and only used with a silk liner for 4 night so basically new.

In the words of Facewest:

Mammut Shield EXP 3 Season
The Mammut Shield EXP 3 Season is a fully waterproof down filled sleeping bag for expedition use. Rated for temperatures down to -8°C this bag is not for the coldest conditions but is aimed at damp conditions where you may be using the Shield EXP as a stand alone bivy bag.

Constructed using ShelterTX fabric on the outer, a super tough fabric with a 10,000mm hydrostatic head with bonded seams on the side and underneath. This fabric will keep you dry while dissipating internal moisture. The internal LightTX 20D Ripstop fabric will allow moisture to pass through quickly, and it's low weight allows the down to loft providing optimum insulation and warmth.

The 800 (EU) fill white goose down is a high performance down with large clusters allowing maximum lofting. The head and foot of the bag contain greater quantities of down as it is these areas where cold is felt first. Also to protect against cold spots Mammut have used a box wall construction throughout.

The head area provides optimum protection from cold and includes a peak that helps to protect you from adverse weather. Either side of the Shield EXP has a short zip that not only allows for easy entry and exit but also allows you to get your arms out to eat and drink while keeping warm.

Mammut Shield EXP 3 Season Features
ShelterTX outer fabric
LightTX lining fabric
95/5 white goose down, 800 fill power
Bonded underside and side seams
Convertible Roof - protects the head area against rain and snow
Two half zips on either side

Price: £200

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Mammut-Shield-EXP-3-Season.html
Post edited at 20:05
OP london_huddy 17 Jul 2015
In reply to london_huddy:

Any offers? £175?
Northern jock 17 Jul 2015

Do you have a photo of the roof and how it works?
OP london_huddy 17 Jul 2015
In reply to Northern jock:
Some snaps are here: it's basically a little peak that you can leave open or popper shut to give some ventilation while keeping the rain out.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/huddartphotos/?

There are zips down each side of the bag rather than just one side: a cool use for this is, in the morning or evening, you can be in the sleeping bag, hood up but have both arms out to make a brew or cook.
Post edited at 18:12
Northern jock 17 Jul 2015

Hi, happy to give you £150 for it if you'll come down to that?

I don't really need it but............
Northern jock 18 Jul 2015
In reply to Northern jock:

Thought about it, really cant justify yet another bag so cancel offer I'm afraid

Good luck with the sale
OP london_huddy 19 Jul 2015

Thanks to those who've emailed me - I've replied now.
Bag still for sale (for now).
 Ebebbers 20 Jul 2015

Hi Andrew,

Sent you an email, very interested in the bag. Let me know if still for sale.

Cheers,

Em
OP london_huddy 21 Jul 2015
In reply to Ebebbers:

Hi Em - have emailed you back
OP london_huddy 23 Jul 2015

Now sold!

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...