UKC

XL to Kos

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 bbrowne 12 Sep 2008
Grrrrr....was going the Kalymnos via Kos a week tomorrow. Not any more.

BMC insurance doesn't cover flight cancellations, ATOL don't cover direct bookings with the airline and I didn't book it with a credit card.

Discuss the following alternative destinations:

Morrocco
Turkey
Costa Blanca
Mallorca
Malta

*sob*
In reply to bbrowne: It's possible to get a refund on debit cards as well, but it isn't as well known as the credit card protection:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7347146.stm

Good luck getting your money back
OP bbrowne 12 Sep 2008
In reply to Nick Smith - UKC: Cheers Nick. I've just filled in a visa dispute form at the bank. Hopefully something will come of it.

The money is kind of secondary though. I've been training for this for months and the crushing disappointment is hard to bear!
 practicalcat 12 Sep 2008
In reply to bbrowne:
in the same boat, although our tickets were bought on visa so should be refunded. Trying to find new flights but it looks like it will work out much more expensive.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 12 Sep 2008
In reply to bbrowne: I'm not going either, meh!
In reply to bbrowne: totally sympathetic. just had the same problem apart from the fact i booked with a credit card. this was only luck though. i will definately buy everything else on a credit card now even if i immediately pay it off. not sure when ill get the money back however.

managed to get some alternative flights from birmingham rather than manchester for 370 verses 220. so defiantely like a kick in the bo**ox.

Cheers
Tim
OP bbrowne 12 Sep 2008
In reply to tbertenshaw: They phoned me on tuesday to confirm the flights and offered me the chance to upgrade to extra legroom seats for £16 per person each way!!!
In reply to bbrowne: same here! bastards. im pretty confident the operators phing didnt know. but makes you wonder if anyone high up prompted a higher level of these phone calls than normal in order to reduce the debt.

Cheers
Tim
 jimtitt 12 Sep 2008
In reply to bbrowne:
Sicily, under 100 notes with Ryanair from Stansted if you get the right days. Even better, I´ll be there! Have a look at http://www.bolt-products.com/ClimbSicily.htm and mail me if you want some more info.
Jim

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...