UKC

Where are the crags!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 arose 03 Jan 2024

Some crags/ routes appear in the UKC logbook area with a note that they are in the rockfax app but I then cannot find them.  Currently I wanted to look at Stob Coire Altruim (Buachaille etive mor) but no matter what I search for in the app (crag name, route names, buachaille etive mor, scottish winter climbs west) it doesnt seem to pop up.  

any help much appreciatted

In reply to arose:

This one?

https://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crags/buachaille_etive_mor_-_stob_coire_...

I get the above crag returned when I search "Stob Coire Altruim" in the app. If you don't get that you've found a bug. 

Unless you have the crag installed you won't see anything in the "routes" tab, only in the "crags" tab. Perhaps that's what you're seeing?

OP arose 08 Jan 2024
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Yep thats the one except for the fact that it doesnt contain Stob Coire Altruim.  If I search for the crag it leads me to the Buachaille Etive Mor page on the app but that page doesnt have a tab for Altruim.  Does your version?

Thanks for your help

In reply to arose:

If I'm understanding correctly, I think there's some confusion being caused by the fact that the data in the app and ukc are organised differently, with some extra confusion added by some unclear ui in the app.

In this case the name of the cliff you're looking for appears in the crag name on ukc, but is a buttress in the SMC data in the app. Etive mor is returned from the search in my screenshot because it has a buttress matching the search term. It's not terribly obvious that only when you install that package you will find topos relating to the buttress "Stob Coire Altruim" (see new screenshot).

With that package installed, you should be able to search for any routes that exist there in the routes tab (but this is currently only possible for installed crags/routes which is maybe why your route search failed(?)). 

Hopefully that answers your question, but if we're talking at cross purposes, please let me know.

OP arose 09 Jan 2024
In reply to Stephen Horne - Rockfax:

Thanks Stephen. I ended up having to delete the app completely, reload it and re populate it with crags. The buachaille Etive mor section now has stob coire altruim and a few others (Dalness) that it did not before

thanks for your help. 

In reply to arose:

Oh right, I had totally the wrong end of stick. I wonder if you had old versions of the data and the bug was it said you had the new ones. Not sure. 

I'm glad you've got it sorted now anyway. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...