The Great Wilderness - Photographs of the Scottish Highlands

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Alex Nail 06 Dec 2023

"The Great Wilderness" is a luxury hardback photography book depicting one of Scotland's most remote mountain areas. It shows the Highlands at their most beautiful during ephemeral moments of light, dramatic weather and seasonal change. It is the culmination of four years of work hiking hundreds of miles and wild camping for countless nights in the mountains.

The images explore the mountain area between Ullapool and Loch Maree, covering Fisherfield, Dundonnell and Letterewe in depth. Woven between the images are stories of adventure and solitude in the mountains.

Depicting spectacular mountain scenery in exceptional lighting conditions, this book is for anyone who loves the Scottish Highlands, whether Munroists, casual hillwalkers, landscape photographers or the general public.

Find out more...

timparkin 06 Dec 2023
In reply to Alex Nail:

quick disclaimer - I know Alex well. 

However, regardless of that, I still consider this and Alex's North West books as two essential photography books if you're at all interested in the Mountains of Scotland (the others being Joe Cornish's Scotland's Mountains and Colin Prior's books). 

The quality of the book and reproduction is as good as it gets and photographs are astounding (annoyingly good in many cases!).

Highly recommended

fotoVUE 08 Dec 2023
In reply to Alex Nail:

I've bought several copies. Alex's book is outstanding, and not just the images and the quality of print and binding. It's a great read, from Joe Cornish's foreword, to Alex recounting the stories of his adventures getting the images.

Mick

Robert Durran 25 Dec 2023
In reply to Alex Nail:

Just received my copy (courtesy of Santa!). What an utterly stunning collection of photographs. Every single one is beautiful. Totally inspiring.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...