Dell monitor issue

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 marky 18 Apr 2024

I have a Dell 27” monitor about 3  years old connected to my Asus laptop via a Anker Thunderbolt hub. 
Sometimes but not always when I switch my laptop on my monitor screen has a green haze and is far too light and this disappears after about an hour. Looks fine on laptop screen so I am assuming this is an issue with the monitor. 
Strangely when I have my work laptop connected to the monitor it never does this. could this be a laptop driver issue?

tehmarks 18 Apr 2024
In reply to marky:

Can you try another monitor with the laptop to prove the output? It could be a GPU issue (hardware or driver), but that sounds like quite the obscure issue if it resolves itself some time after plugging the display in. If you have access to another, it might also be worth swapping the adaptor out to see if that changes anything.

If it doesn't happen with another source, I would rule out the display being the problem. 

Sharp 19 Apr 2024
In reply to marky:

Sounds like a dodgy cable or connector

OP marky 21 Apr 2024
In reply to tehmarks: thank you I will try that

OP marky 21 Apr 2024
In reply to Sharp: thanks I have the laptop connected via thunderbolt to an anker Hub.

sandrow 22 Apr 2024
In reply to marky:

Is it a powered hub? Sometimes power supply to hub can cause electrical interference.

As Sharp said - likely to be dodgy cable or hub. Is there an HDMI socket on laptop? If there is, connect laptop directly to monitor. Or if your monitor has a thunderbolt socket - connect directly using thunderbolt cable to see if that fixes issue.

OP marky 22 Apr 2024
In reply to sandrow:yes it’s a powered hub. Next time it does it I will try the HDMI from monitor straight into laptop to see if that solves the issue. No thunderbolt on monitor.   

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...