Wanted: Harvey’s Liathach Summit Map

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 Thugitty Jugitty (user since 18/Jun/04) 28 Apr 2024

I absolutely don’t need this but I do like the Harvey’s detailed maps for terrain where the OS version tends towards scribble. Does anyone have a copy they don’t want of the Harvey’s 1:12,500 Liathach Summit map please? Seems to be out of stock everywhere. 

TechnoJim 28 Apr 2024
In reply to Thugitty Jugitty:

There's a copy of it on the rear of the Harvey's Torridon Mountain Map, along with summit maps for Beinn Eighe, Beinn Alligin and An Teallach. Good excuse to buy another map?

Post edited at 15:14
In reply to TechnoJim:

Thanks. I didn’t know that. Is this the one you mean:

https://www.harveymaps.co.uk/acatalog/Torridon---Fisherfield-YHBMTO.html

I can’t zoom in enough on the image to tell: are those detailed sections on the back 1:12500?

TechnoJim 28 Apr 2024

That's the one. Just dug mine out, they're 1:15,000.

Post edited at 18:49
In reply to TechnoJim:

Thanks. They’re such clear maps aren’t they. 

TechnoJim 28 Apr 2024

Yeah, I love Harvey's. I have a second copy of the Torridon/Fisherfield one framed on my wall.

Rick Graham 28 Apr 2024
In reply to TechnoJim:

> Yeah, I love Harvey's. I have a second copy of the Torridon/Fisherfield one framed on my wall.

I find Harveys good when high in the hills, though I find the lack of spot heights annoying.

For mountain biking their depiction of minor roads, tracks and bridleways is very confusing .

For me, the hardest navigation is often the first hundred metres from the car, Harveys habit of putting seperate areas , sometimes on the reverse side can be a real pain.

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...