New Alpine Gear advice.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Goucho 06 Oct 2015
As I'm planning to do some stuff in the Alps this winter, I thought it would be a good idea to invest in some new gear.

So far I've bought a pair of La Sportiva Spantiks.

I've done a bit of research, and spoken to friends, but I thought I would also get some opinions from the UKC collective (It's been a while since I bought any new gear) also.

I'm looking to upgrade the following:-

Ice Axes, Crampons, Sallopettes, Down Jacket, Sleeping Bag, Fleeces, Alpine Jacket & Gloves/Mitts..

In the past I've been a big fan of Mountain Equipment stuff, and also Mountain Hardware, but I'm open to suggestions based on personal experience on the hill.

Looking to save as much weight as possible, but keeping warm and comfortable is probably the number 1 criteria, as I'm not as resilient as I used to be.

As far as routes I'm looking at this winter - possibly some North faces (Colton Mac definitely on the wish list) and up to around ED1.

Budget not really a factor either.
 walts4 06 Oct 2015
In reply to Goucho:

PHD for the down bags & jacket.

As for the rest of the clothing, its down to if it fits you, I personally use Patagonia because it fits my body shape.

The only other criteria I personally have is, it must have Velcro cuffs & most defo a hood!

As for hardware, its a mine field, sure there must be better informed people on here who could advise you.
 blackcat 06 Oct 2015
In reply to Goucho: Brynje super thermal baselayers,awesome stuff.Just dont go down the pub in em

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...