UKC

New NICAS Pro

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
 BrendanO 12 Apr 2024

Anyone else finding that this seems to be much worse than the old, ‘slightly clunky but we’re used to it’ version?

In its favour, it does have a bit about safeguarding, it prints lovely certificates (we dont have a colour printer, we’ll keep using the nice card ones they sent us), and it might have sone good coach resources. But actually using it is really faffy. Its very slow, and lots of our candidates have disappeared. Updated levels dont seem to stay updated. And no written “how-to”, its all videos. 

It is to be fair brand-new to us, and new things have teething troubles, but it feels like a better name might be NICAS Am.

I’ll email them next time I’m at work (the old NICAS was absolutely brilliant at a fast response/fix, it was the best thing about it. Hmmmm, maybe that makes me look like the problem).

AbbiBlakey 12 Apr 2024
In reply to BrendanO:

Hi Brendan 

Now that it’s live and most walls have joined NICAS Pro, my role is to help with support and to use any feedback for future development so do please email away, and I’m very happy to have a chat. 

Since launch we have worked on the site speed and other items and will continue to monitor. We plan from next week to update our nicas.co.uk/pro page with developments we are working on so that there’s visibility of this. These are based on feedback and additional resource suggestions from NICAS walls. 

Please do contact me when you can, pro@nicas.co.uk, and I will look into your candidate record query for you. Thanks, Abbi (NICAS Project Manager)

bouldery bits 13 Apr 2024
In reply to AbbiBlakey:

That's stellar service!

OP BrendanO 14 Apr 2024
In reply to AbbiBlakey:

Thanks Abbi! Reassuring to see it looks like the support might be as brill as it always was, have a like!

My colleague has worked out the ‘candidates not staying updated’ issue (old NICAS, candidates were on ONE level; new NICAS candidates are on all the levels theyve been thru, ie someone working on L4 also appears  on the L1, 2, and 3 lists). 

I’ll get in touch re our missing people soon…

Cheers

B

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...