COMPETITION: WINNER - Win The North Face Summit Series Pumori Gore Tex Pro Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

Named after the beautiful pyramid-shaped peak in the Mahalangur section of the Himalayas, the Summit Pumori GORE-TEX® Pro Jacket harnesses a seam-sealed three-layer GORE-TEX® Pro shell for high-performing waterproof-breathable protection - even in the harshest mountain conditions.

Read more

TobyA 27 Feb 2024
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

That's interesting - has TNF gone back to Goretex for all their top of the range jackets? I can see on their website a few things made with Futurelight, but most of their mountaineering and ski touring shells seem to be GTX again.

In reply to TobyA:

> That's interesting - has TNF gone back to Goretex for all their top of the range jackets? I can see on their website a few things made with Futurelight, but most of their mountaineering and ski touring shells seem to be GTX again.

I think they're using both Gore-Tex and Futurelight within their range, with the idea being that former offering the most waterproof option and the latter providing the most breathable one.

From a UK perspective I suspect most of us will lean towards Gore Tex, given that we're 'blessed' with high rainfall, temperatures and humidity. I could see something like Futurelight working really well in the Alps where it's a lot colder and drier.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...