NEWS: "See Sense" on Edinburgh's Radical Road Closure, Urge Campaigners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH News 11 Sep 2023

Campaigners representing access and outdoor recreation today marked the fifth anniversary of the closure of Edinburgh's Radical Road by calling for Historic Environment Scotland to "see sense" on their management of the iconic path and the once-popular bouldering venue beside it. 

Read more

JIM KELLY 12 Sep 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH News:

Sounds like the usual office-bound, mask-wearing, pen-pushing, Skoda-driving, fun-prevention bureaucrats who have absolutely zero idea of outdoor recreation and what risks it entails. Very similar to erecting the fences around Dali-s Hole all those years ago at Dinorwig Slate Quarries....  Hence, the route name "F@#k les Cloitures!"

A knee-jerk reaction based on no credible assessment of the risks (if any) that are involved and allowing the public to evaluate and make their own choices.

And, yes, we can always cite that "old chestnut" of legal liability... but, c'mon! Seriously, is anyone going to sue Holyrood Park if a pebble rolls down the hillside and lands at their feet?! Risk assessments in this situation are very "flimsy", based on not much and, I suspect in the very "low-risk" category. I imagine there's more risk of falling stones and rocks on Marine Drive!! 

Common-sense needs to prevail here and early retirement offered to the "jobs-worth" who signed off the closure in the first place!!

Fat Bumbly2 12 Sep 2023
In reply to JIM KELLY:

Come on, they have discovered something serious going on.  At the same time it was found out that 80 of the buildings in their care and their car parks had all suddenly deteriorated and were about to fall over, or something.

Oh and it's an Audi BTW. 

JIM KELLY 13 Sep 2023
In reply to Fat Bumbly2:

Dweebie people working in local government, have their wife and 2.4 children, enjoy visits to the library and have reached the end of their biological purpose and now waiting to die. 

Audi you say! Which model? Surely not an A4 Tdi Tourer ...... the "sensible" person's choice, in Forest Green paint!? Arrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

ebdon 13 Sep 2023
In reply to JIM KELLY:

As much as I enjoy your stream of consciousness shouty rants, I feel compelled to point out HES have nothing to do with local government.

JIM KELLY 15 Sep 2023
In reply to ebdon:

Yeah, apologies Ebdon and to local government workers. Maybe I should have said "employees in positions of officialdom" with their little 'clippy' plastic ID cards/photos, making decisions for us plebs! In addition, thank God I didn't mention their second (the wife's) car possibly being a Nissan 'Sunny!" That would have got me into all sorts of bother and criticism! Phew!!! 

Post edited at 08:47
 Fraser 15 Sep 2023
In reply to JIM KELLY:

Your profile says you're based in Thailand, is that correct?

JIM KELLY 15 Sep 2023
In reply to Fraser:

Yep, south of Chiang Mai City...Crazy Horse Rocks "fame".

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...