Classic Winter - East Ridge of Beinn a' Chaorainn

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

On a sunny winter day there's nothing better than a classic snowy ridge, reckons Dan Bailey. Here's a good one that should hit the spot for mountaineers of all abilities... 

Read more

TomYoung 12 Feb 2024
In reply to UKC/UKH Articles:

Just a heads up but I think the wrong Beinn a' Chaorainn has been linked, clicking on the one in the article takes you to the Cairngorms rather than the west

Jamie Hageman 12 Feb 2024

You need to talk about what you do when you get to the top of the ridge.  Navigating safely off that plateau is very important.  If the clouds comes in, it can be disconcerting and confusing, and trying to follow the coire rim in a whiteout is not straightforward.  If in any doubt, I would recommend descending West and playing it safe.  I know you mention some of this in the 'route card' but I think it should be mentioned here as well.

In reply to TomYoung:

Thanks, I was sure I'd picked the right one in the database but clearly not

In reply to Jamie Hageman:

Thanks. I've added a safety note to check the route card, since that's really the best place for actual hard route info

Mike-W-99 12 Feb 2024

I wondered where everyone had appeared from last month. Does no-one walk up past the waterfall anymore (from where the new forest track is still easily accessible)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...