BMC Members Open Forum tonight (20th March)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKB Shark 20 Mar 2024

Takes place at 6.30pm

https://www.thebmc.co.uk/open-forum-webinar-series

You need to register with membership number (can be found on most old email circulars sent to you from the BMC)

Too late to submit questions now but hopefully there will be the opportunity to do so during the webinar and be more interactive than last time. 

Post edited at 10:16
 Steve Woollard 20 Mar 2024
In reply to UKB Shark:

Registration closes at noon

OP UKB Shark 20 Mar 2024
In reply to Steve Woollard:

> Registration closes at noon

Thanks. Didn’t notice the small print

rj_townsend 20 Mar 2024
In reply to UKB Shark:

Thanks. I'd been trying to register via the website for a couple of weeks but the link was going to an expired Zoom session. Looks to be sorted now.

galpinos 20 Mar 2024
In reply to UKB Shark:

How long did it take to get an invite? I got a "Your registration is pending approval" message but no e-mail (yet...)

The Norris 20 Mar 2024
In reply to rj_townsend:

Sounds like a not very open forum then!

Howard J 20 Mar 2024
In reply to UKB Shark:

It's hardly been well-publicised. I looked again at the last Newsletter but there's no mention of it there.  When I looked more closely I spotted a small and easily overlooked link to the monthly bulletin, where information about the forum is tucked away near the bottom of the page.

So it has been publicised, but I'm reminded of the planning application in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

OP UKB Shark 20 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

> How long did it take to get an invite? I got a "Your registration is pending approval" message but no e-mail (yet...)

I thought I’d be on a circular having attended the last one with the link. Think that’s how it worked with past Open Forums. Maybe wrong. I’ve re-registered this morning but nothing back yet. 

rj_townsend 20 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

> How long did it take to get an invite? I got a "Your registration is pending approval" message but no e-mail (yet...)

I'm still waiting on mine too. Maybe they're taking up references or checking my details with Interpol...

galpinos 20 Mar 2024
In reply to rj_townsend:

Background checks passed. Just got the e-mail.

rj_townsend 20 Mar 2024
In reply to galpinos:

Same here - UKC posting history has clearly been regarded as acceptable

Andy Say 21 Mar 2024
In reply to UKB Shark:

It's gone quiet on this threat 'post-forum' so I thought I'd just like to report that, for me, this iteration was far more 'open' and a really good evolution of the first try. People were able to ask verbal questions 'on the night' and also respond verbally to other contributors. It felt much more like a 'real meeting '. The chat function was also active.

I thought it was essentially a positive event and I'd encourage more members to try to register for the next one. I will push for email notifications to go out to those that have already attended so that there is more information out there than just a webpage!

Offwidth 21 Mar 2024
In reply to Andy Say:

Thanks Andy... the meeting move clashed with another prior appointment so glad to hear it went well.

Howard J 21 Mar 2024
In reply to Andy Say:

Put it in the monthly email newsletter instead of hiding it away behind an easily missed link.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...