Cordless hedge trimmers/pole saws, any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.

I am looking to buy a hedge trimmer and pole saw. 

Are the cordless ones any good or is it best to stick with 2 stroke?

I have approx 100m of beech hedging to give an idea of workload, takesa pro half a day to trim.

Alincumbria 05 Mar 2024
In reply to Ennerdaleblonde:

Funnily enough, I have just come in from trimming part of our hedge, a mix of thorn and beech. I use a Makita cordless because I already have several other Makita power tools with batteries . Using a 5.0ah battery, my arms need a rest before the battery does, plus I can easily swap to a fresh one if need be. It is fairly light, quiet and more than powerful enough and I don't need to faff around with petrol cans and occasionally temperamental 2-stroke engines.

timjones 05 Mar 2024

Im using a cheap and cheerful 18v Hawksmoor cordless from Toolstation and it does a great job.

It even runs on the 20v batteries that I have for cordless drills with a bit of adaptation which allows me to keep working until it's time for a coffee break

Ridge 05 Mar 2024
In reply to Alincumbria:

> I use a Makita cordless because I already have several other Makita power tools with batteries . Using a 5.0ah battery, my arms need a rest before the battery does, plus I can easily swap to a fresh one if need be. It is fairly light, quiet and more than powerful enough and I don't need to faff around with petrol cans and occasionally temperamental 2-stroke engines.

I'm the same, but using DeWalt kit (hedge cutter and strimmer ). Cordless equipment has improved massively in recent years.

Sam Beaton 05 Mar 2024

As others have said, cordless power tools are much better than they used to be. A lot of professionals are switching to them from petrol powered tools because of reduced hand arm vibration with electric tools

PaulW 05 Mar 2024

I've got a big hedge and splashed out on a battery Stihl. Not cheap but it is a well designed and functional bit of kit. Worth it to me.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...