Charity photo competition - "Our Cumbria" (closes 8th March)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gld73 03 Mar 2024

I'm back in Cumbria visiting family for a few days and was reading an article in the local paper about a photography competition being run by Eden Valley Hospice and Jigsaw, Cumbria's Children's Hospice. I don't think there are any prizes other than knowing that your photo was judged one of the best to use on their fundraising calendars and cards, but I know there are lots of beautiful photos taken by people on UKH /UKC, a fair few of which were taken in Cumbria, and maybe some of you would like to enter - it is for a good cause.

Full details and the entry route are at: www.edenvalleyhospice.org/support-us/events/photography-competition/     ....But I've copied the summary of it here:

The best of the images submitted will be selected by our judging panel and used on products such as calendars and Christmas cards with the sales bringing in vital income for the hospice, helping us to continue offering our expert compassionate care to the local people who need us most. 

Traditionally, the photos used in our calendars and on our cards are of landscape scenery across Cumbria, and while people will be encouraged to send in scenes like this, we are also keen to see a range of imagery and the individual user’s interpretation of what makes Cumbria beautiful. For reference and inspiration you can view our previous calendar winners by clicking here. 

The competition will close on Monday 8th March at 10:00am with winners announced soon after. The criteria for submission is that: 

the photo taken must have been taken in Cumbria within the last two years. 

the photo must be a minimum size of 2mb/300 dpi 

You can only submit up to 6 photos. 

To be considered for our calendar photos must be of landscape orientation, portrait photos can be accepted but will only be used on prints, cards, diaries etc.

felt 03 Mar 2024
In reply to gld73:

Monday 8th March? Mysterious.

OP gld73 03 Mar 2024
In reply to felt:

I like to think they were too busy looking at the lovely photos in their calendar instead of the dates, and just didn't spot it was a leap year.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...