Litter picking oddities

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 elliptic 25 Feb 2024

Exhibit A: the remains of a mostly failed firework party found on top of Lliwedd this morning. Maybe their matches got damp?

Even weirder was someone from Cambridge's council tax bill frozen to the ground halfway down the top bit of the Watkin path, I mean... how do you even?!  Luckily there's an address to post it back (hope I don't forget to put a stamp on.)

muppetfilter 26 Feb 2024
In reply to elliptic:

Some time in the Mid 90's we found a deflated Blow up "Love Doll" in the then derelict house at the end of the Roaches parking strip. The most disturbing aspect of the discovery was the half empty tube of KY Jelly on the floor.

Bottom Clinger 26 Feb 2024
In reply to muppetfilter:

> Some time in the Mid 90's we found a deflated Blow up "Love Doll" 

How could you tell? Did she have a sad, disappointed look on her face? 

muppetfilter 26 Feb 2024
In reply to Bottom Clinger:

> How could you tell? Did she have a sad, disappointed look on her face? 

I would say it was somewhat surprised and slightly maudlin

profitofdoom 26 Feb 2024

> Some time in the Mid 90's we found a deflated Blow up "Love Doll" in the then derelict house at the end of the Roaches parking strip.....

And then there was the life size realistic mannequin (abandoned) we found in the Avon gorge car park in the 1970s. It had no clothes on. We left it part way up the cliff but that blew up in our faces when some daft tourists actually called 999. A fire engine turned up. We quickly made ourselves scarce

deepsoup 26 Feb 2024
In reply to profitofdoom:

> We left it part way up the cliff but that blew up in our faces when some daft tourists actually called 999.

You were the "daft tourists" that day!

profitofdoom 26 Feb 2024
In reply to deepsoup:

> You were the "daft tourists" that day!

I couldn't agree more

And of course we never dreamed that the fire brigade would turn up 

deepsoup 26 Feb 2024

I prolly should have added a smiley - didn't mean that to come across as quite as sanctimonious as it probably did.  Here's one now:

profitofdoom 26 Feb 2024
In reply to deepsoup:

> I prolly should have added a smiley - didn't mean that to come across as quite as sanctimonious as it probably did.  Here's one now:

No, you did not at all! You made me laugh. But thanks for the smiley 

I will never forget the fire brigade arriving at the gorge car park. The speed with which all we climbers vanished into the trees was something.... they must have known climbers had put it up there, and we all guessed how unamused they would be 

> we found a deflated Blow up "Love Doll"

Sorry, was that a 'defellated' doll...?

tmawer 27 Feb 2024

Do I remember a photo in one of the old magazines of a group of climbers with the mannequin at some Avon toilets.....could just be a bad dream!?

Pedro50 27 Feb 2024
In reply to tmawer:

> Do I remember a photo in one of the old magazines of a group of climbers with the mannequin at some Avon toilets.....could just be a bad dream!?

I was thinking the same, probably Crags magazine, may check later.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...