Can you replace grivel crampon bindings?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ebdon 12 Feb 2024

I've finally conceded that my 20 year old G12s have seen better days are are looking a bit tired. This isn't helped by the fact that one of the heel clips (new matic bindings) has completely bent out of shape. I presumed I could easily buy a replacement binding but havnt managed to find any on line. Does anyone know can you buy the heel clips separately?

I.e. these: https://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Climbing/Winter-Alpine-Expedition/Cr...

TobyA 12 Feb 2024
In reply to ebdon:

It's interesting that those Rambo ones don't fit G12s (although 20 year old G12s are a bit different to new ones). I've found in the past that you can swap heel clips around between different crampons and they still tend to work fine. I might have an old pair of DMM Terminator heel clips that you could try if you fancy. Are you somewhere Peak-ish? I'm Dronfield - if that's anywhere close to you, I can check if do have them and then either drop them off or you could come round and try them.

Do your G12s have the plastic toe baskets? That's the bit I'd be most worried about - my original ones snapped very easily. Got them replaced with newer ones by Grivel - they've lasted very well.

PJ2398 13 Feb 2024
In reply to ebdon:

https://v12outdoor.com/products/heel-lever-pair-pack

It says under ‘features’ that these are compatible with g12’s and they are in stock.

Post edited at 08:21
OP ebdon 13 Feb 2024
In reply to PJ2398:

Perfect! I salute you google skills they look exactly what I'm after

OP ebdon 13 Feb 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Thanks Toby for the offer, it looks like V12 will save the day, so your terminators can limp on. I do have plastic toe baskets but have never had a problem with them (but will now give them an inspection), allthough tbh these are now my wife's defacto crampons and I use some newer g14s (allthough these are pretty unsuited to the low grade bimbling I do nowadays). 

TobyA 13 Feb 2024
In reply to ebdon:

> Thanks Toby for the offer, it looks like V12 will save the day, so your terminators can limp on. 

The crampons died 15 years ago! (Hopefully have been recycled into something useful since) I kept the the heel clips just in case. Hope the new ones fit well, but if they don't you will be welcome to give my ones a go in the future. 

SDee 25 Feb 2024
In reply to TobyA:

Toby do you still have these? I have a pair of G12s I would like to stick heel levers on in place of plastic cradles

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...