REVIEW: Deuter Fox - A Proper Trekking Pack For Kids

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC/UKH Gear 27 Dec 2023

A grownup-standard backpacking pack, reduced in scale to fit a child's frame, the Fox has proved a huge hit with the junior review team. In this case great things definitely come in small packages.    

Read more

Alex Riley 27 Dec 2023
In reply to UKC/UKH Gear:

Great looking bit of kit. For any parents taking kids out, remember not to overload what they are carrying. 10-15% of bodyweight is the maximum safe load to protect growing bodies.

Norman Hadley 30 Dec 2023

Another fine report, Edith.

Of course, when I was that age, we only had hand-me-down rucksacks. I was often charged with carrying a 55L adult bag. It had to be that big to contain an eight-person, home-made polythene survival tent.

Fortunately, it wasn't heavy, but I soon figured out that onlookers didn't know that, so there was ample opportunity for dramatic leaning forward and gasping uphill as if this bag, almost bigger than me, were filled with rocks.

I expect the NSPCC got a few worried calls.

Guy Hurst 30 Dec 2023

The Fox 30 was my son's favourite bit of walking kit maybe 15 years ago. He got a lot of use from it before it was passed on, and I believe it's now with another owner. I haven't seen it for a few years, but the last time I did it looked in very good shape.

Post edited at 22:20

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...