The Grand Traverse Of The Alps

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 goatee 22 Dec 2023

A combination of a couple of trips that saw me finish the GR % from Geneva to Nice. Different times of year gave very different experiences. I hope you enjoy

Stephen

https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2023/12/the-grand-traverse-of-alps-lake-ge...

magma 22 Dec 2023
In reply to goatee:

thanks for that. I was inspired to do the Geneva-Modane section after your first trip report.

probably my favourite alpine long distance trail with its variety of scenery.

jon 22 Dec 2023
In reply to goatee:

Brilliant, well done !

OP goatee 22 Dec 2023
In reply to magma:

Cheers Magma. Cool thing to say

coldfell 22 Dec 2023
In reply to goatee:

Reading that brought back wonderful memories of doing the section from Thonon to Chamonix, with my daughter. It is indeed the most beautiful trail and is my ideal kind of holiday. We also did a week on the GR10 in the Pyrenees, almost as good - we were stopped in our tracks by the pandemic lockdown just before another trip on the Alta Via in the Dolomites and sadly despite retiring this year and having the time to continue, I am not able to walk too far due to lower back arthritis. I still hope for a miraculous recovery, but meanwhile will enjoy reading your account of the GR5 and basking in the alpine sunshine!

OP goatee 24 Dec 2023
In reply to coldfell:

Greetings coldfell. I walked from near Thonon to the GR 5 a couple of years before while on a super little trip to the Chablais Alps. The night I spent outside the Dent d'Oche hut is a treasure I will always remember. To visit these places in the off season is for me a real bonus. T have these stunning places practically to yourself is a rare privilege. The link to that trip is here...https://howlingmist.blogspot.com/2015/11/a-november-hike-between-lake-genev...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...