Keen as mustard

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 French Erick 12 Dec 2023

Milky Way logged by 7:45 today 12th !! Wow, that’s another level of dedication.

CameronDuff14 12 Dec 2023
In reply to French Erick:

Guess that's one guaranteed way to avoid the crowds in the Norries!

ScraggyGoat 12 Dec 2023

I once heard of a team from Inverness that did the full traverse of Suilven on good neve by the light of a good moon, afterwork.  They got back to Inverness in time for work next day.

65 12 Dec 2023

The best way to get a route to yourself. 

I once badgered two mates into going into the Northern Corries at about 0500 or so to beat the crowds. Unfortunately they were knackered from a very long previous day on Lochnagar so half way in they refused to go any further. We lay down on the path and had a snooze and were woken by two concerned women checking we were OK. My mates walked back to the car and I went and soloed some easier gullies. I passed the two women on a route one of whom turned out to be Alison Hargreaves, not long before she left for Everest.

OP French Erick 12 Dec 2023
In reply to ScraggyGoat:

I can see, and have partaken to, after work outings in winter. Great fun. But the idea of doing it first thing before work!!! That blows me away!

Toerag 12 Dec 2023

If you know where you're going, climbing by headtorch / moonlight is quite viable.

andyinglis 12 Dec 2023

If you topped out a route at 00:01, which day would you log it as having done it....?!?! Not an issue I've encountered but we know many who have....

DaveHK 12 Dec 2023

> I can see, and have partaken to, after work outings in winter. Great fun. But the idea of doing it first thing before work!!! That blows me away!

I'm going to guess the team logging that aren't teachers with kids!

Marek 12 Dec 2023
In reply to andyinglis:

> If you topped out a route at 00:01, which day would you log it as having done it....?!?! Not an issue I've encountered but we know many who have....

The route isn't 'done' till it's finished, so the second day. Or if in proper mountains, when you got back to base camp.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...