Warm Waterproof Trousers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 ImperialJohn 26 Nov 2023

Can anyone recommend any warm waterproof trousers? I've had some Craghoppers Steal trousers for a while now and they are nice and toasty but unfortunately, they are a bit too "low-rise" for me. If you know of anything similar that is normal regular in the fit, and that is fleece lined or better, please let me know.

veteye 26 Nov 2023
In reply to ImperialJohn:

I tend to go for layers/long johns, and have more windproof outer material. Also important, especially in winter is lots of pockets. If really cold, then you can put your overtrousers on, and keep the wind out in an even more efficient way.

Otherwise at times you could regret having such warm trousers, when it's milder.

cacheson 27 Nov 2023

I am a big fan of Paramo trousers in winter.

You definitely want paramo.

I stand around a lot outside for work. I've used Buffalo and Rab insulated trousers. Both great but not waterproof, synthetically insulated. I'm thinking of getting some hunting trousers, the best look to be American. Very expensive. But waterproof and heavily insulated, usual used for being static. Bushcraft do a range of hunting trousers, some are insulated, only a few are waterproof too. 

Paramo are a good option. But expect some water ingress if you sit on wet ground. 

Basemetal 27 Nov 2023

I've been impressed by Craghoppers Steal trousers though they're a bit on the warm side for me and I usually wear unlined Montane Terra something-or-others through winter. One thought before you give up on the Steal's might be trying braces with them?

Jeff Ingman 27 Nov 2023

Have a look at the Cofra Frozen trousers, they're PPE workwear. Too warm for a rapid winter walk in but very cosy. They're small in the waist so size up

DaveHK 27 Nov 2023
In reply to pancakeandchips:

> You definitely want paramo.

I thought they were looking for waterproofs?  

Post edited at 21:05
 cacheson 27 Nov 2023
In reply to DaveHK:

I reckon the dream in truly awful driving rain (the sort of rain that gets through everything) is a pair of paramo trousers with a lightweight shell on top. Or the pub.

Post edited at 21:54
 ibexguiding 28 Nov 2023

I know Alpkit have just released these might be worth a look 

https://alpkit.com/products/equinox-mens

LastBoyScout 29 Nov 2023

What do you want to do in them? Would ski trousers be any good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...