PSA - Lost Campers in Snowdonia/Eryri

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 BRILLBRUM 21 Nov 2023

If you're out and about in this area keep a look out for these unfortunate lads whose adventure appears to have gone a little pear-shaped.

Harlech and Porthmadog - silver Ford Fiesta, registration HY14 GVO

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/nov/21/police-search-teenagers-mis...

Phil79 21 Nov 2023
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

Car found in Garreg. Fingers crossed these lads are ok.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-wales-67484258

Post edited at 12:45
 cwarby 21 Nov 2023
In reply to BRILLBRUM

Credit to MRT trawling the car parks for the car. Let's hope it's not another Cardiff and it's not in sight.

Edit: weird, above post wasn't there when I posted. But some positive news.

Post edited at 13:03
 PaulJepson 21 Nov 2023
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

Would they normally have a police cordon, ambulances and forensic teams for people missing in the hills? All sounds a bit bad. 

Tringa 21 Nov 2023
In reply to PaulJepson:

Unfortunately it is bad news - four bodies have been found. The BBC News website says they were found in a car which left the road.

Dave

Post edited at 16:36
 wercat 21 Nov 2023
In reply to Tringa:

that's really terrible news

Lankyman 22 Nov 2023
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

An awful tragedy that their families will have to deal with for the rest of their lives. I think back to my own teenage years, learning to drive and feeling the freedom to go anywhere we wanted. An old car, good friends, usually crammed with muddy caving kit and damp smells, bombing up the road to the Dales. We laughed at rain and snow, we were unstoppable. On hearing news like this, the older me is reminded that we weren't unstoppable, we were lucky. It's all so sad that the poor lads won't ever get to reminisce their youthful adventures.

toad 22 Nov 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

every word of this. Reckless risk taking is part of the package of young adulthood.  As you said, We get to reminisce because we were lucky

Toby_W 22 Nov 2023
In reply to Lankyman:

Utterly agree, I felt so sad when I read the news.  They were doing life right, away for the weekend adventuring.  I feel more conscious now having children that a millisecond or few cm, a  moment can be the difference between nothing and something and we're all lucky most of the time.

My heart goes out to the families.

Toby

ExiledScot 22 Nov 2023
In reply to BRILLBRUM:

It's a windy road around there, a couple of near 90 degrees turns near the overhang could easily catch the distracted novice driver out in bad weather and several deep verges or drainage ditches to land in. 

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...